9:00AM Sunday BIBLE STUDY
10:00AM COFFEE & DONUTS
10:30AM WORSHIP SERVICE
2:00PM SPANISH SERVICE
As of Thursday, March 26, 2020. Please see our CBC Live page OR our Facebook Page for our most recent updates and videos of sermons and Bible studies. Thank you!
To our CBC Family,
Here is an announcement concerning church services and events in regard to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. It’s hard to believe how long it feels like since we’ve worshipped together. We are praying and evaluating our circumstances continually as things are changing every day. We will continue to do a Facebook Live Stream Worship service every Sunday morning at 10:30am and a Facebook Live Stream Bible study every Wednesday at 7pm. We have also started doing virtual youth group via Zoom (video chat). In addition to that, we are seeking to regularly reach out our particularly vulnerable members during this time and would encourage you to do the same. For the time being, this is what gathering together for worship looks like - online. We would also encourage you to have weekly worship time with your family.
During the next few months, we will be closely monitoring the situation and seeking to adapt our plans in accordance with the requests of local government, the health of our members, and Godly wisdom. In the meantime, here are some suggestions to follow as well as some additional information.
1) Facebook Live-stream
- Join us on Facebook Sundays at 10:30 and Wednesdays at 7pm. If you do not follow us on social media, you can find our Facebook page simply by google searching “Calvary Baptist Church Elgin Facebook” and you will find us. We will do everything we can to help you enter into the heart of worship as we gather online, rather than in person. If social media isn’t your thing, go to cbcelgin.net/live for the most recent videos and announcements.
- Invite your family or maybe a close friend to come over and join you for the live stream of our church service (or as you watch it later on our website). Use this unique situation to extend unique invitations to a unique worship service.
- If your small group would like help in setting up a video chat, we can help you set that up.
- Though we aren't meeting in person and won't be able to pass an offering plate, we do have an app called Tithe.ly which enables you to participate in the giving aspect of worship (You can do this on your phone through the App or you can visit cbcelgin.net/give). You may also mail a check to 551 Arlington Ave. Elgin IL 60120.
- If you are staying home and safe, but there is anything that our church can do to serve you, please do not hesitate to ask. The church will continue to minister and meet needs as best we can.
- Find ways to offer encouragement to those around you. See how you might bring some encouragement and sanity to the insanity and discouragement of the world around you.
- Think about how YOU can share the good news of Jesus in the midst of all the bad news going on around us. Seek to shine gospel light into the dark world around us, particularly in this time when people are searching for meaning. That may be as simple clicking “Share” on a Facebook post or emailing a link to our website to a friend.
And most importantly, remember that God is sovereign and he cannot be dethroned by disease or anything else. He IS in control and he DOES know what he’s doing. It is especially in times like these that we need to pray, trust the Lord, and seek him in his word.
Pastor Scott and I, as well as our deacon body, are of course always available should you have any questions or needs that we might be able to address. We already can't wait to be reunited in worship as a church and gather together to worship King Jesus. Until then, stay home, stay healthy, be smart, don’t panic, and trust God. And we hope you’ll join us on Facebook at 10:30am this coming Sunday.
Pastor Noah, Pastor Scott, & the Deacons
You can find us at:
551 Arlington Avenue Elgin, Illinois 60123.
We would love to have you come and join us!